Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years

So this is a special night. I knew that there would be a fuck ton of people in my small club. I knew that the club was set to make a fuck ton of cash. $20/person comes out to a shit load of money when you have 800 people already in with reservations and more coming in at the door. Everyone worked hard. My club was the smallest and we run a tight ship. They had the foresight to only give us three guys that night one at the door and two inside. That meant a bouncer to patron ratio of 1:100 at the height of the festivities. I determined a number of patrons who would probably be bounced shortly after midnight. Less complaints if you bounce them after the ball drops. They had their fun, drank, danced and were merry, and then got the fuck out. Let's just say I never worked harder as a bouncer than I did this night.

1st guy: shortly after new years I get flashed (this is where the other bouncer or bar staff uses a flash light to signal you to come to their location). A waitress complains that a guy is being rude and is obviously drunk. When we get to his table I realize that I have already spoken to this guy about his behavior pre-ball dropping and I tell my manager that I am handling this one. I VERY politely tell teh guy that he needs to leave and I point to the door that we are going to exit. He is barely able to walk and it takes us about 30 seconds to go 20 ft. My manager yells to me to "pick his little ass up and get him the hell out of here." I grab the guy under the arms and hoist him up. People immediately move out of the way and we get him out. I bid him adieu, popped his band. and head back in.

2nd guy: Get flashed and head over. My manager says that he has this one. He grabs a easily 160 lb guy and hoist him up over his head and carries the gentleman out of the club. Pop his bands and we head back in.

3rd guy: Get flashed and head over. A guy has pissed off the bar tenders and we ask him to leave. He pays his tab and heads out quietly. We get outside and for no reason at all he grabs the doorman's arm and holds on for dear life. We ask him several times to let go but to no avail. I grab the guy's pinky and force it back trying to get him to let go. He is too drunk to notice and I think that I would have broken it very shortly there after. He lets go and immediately grabs the officer who is standing beside him. The officer tells us (me and the doorman) to take the guy down. The doorman grabs the guys upper body and I scoop his legs. The doorman throws his upperbody down face first and I follow with his legs. I move up to the guys upper body and fimrly place my knee on the back of his neck and pull his arm up to his back so that the officer can put cuffs on him.

4th and 5th: Couple is drunk, we ask them to leave...they leave.

6th: A girl is wobbling inside and I ask her to step outside. She puts her arms around my head and I take a few steps toward the door and she gets the point and walks out on her own. I call for back up and they take her to an officer to arrange for a ride home.

7th guy: I check on QoC who was hanging out that night and was behind the DJ booth. On my way back to my position a guy throws his drink in a girl's face. I am standing behind the guy but I hear them yelling. He doesn't even know that I am behind him when I put him in a full nelson. He tries to back into me and I ram his body into the wall in front of us. He calms down for a second and I try to get him out of the club but people won't get out of my way. I just push through them (knocking down QoC's friend who starts bleeding from the broken glass) passing the guy through a table and chair set. I get him to the door and attempt to open the door with his body...only the door doesn't open and he eats it with his face. The second time I get it right. I get him outside and he attempts to reach back and try to grab my hands. I yell, "You touch my hands and this is going to be a bad night for you mother fucker!" His response, "Ok, Ok" I get him out front and hand him over to my boss. While my boss is taking care of him we get flashed from the bar.

8th guy?: A guy had just been hit in the face with a beer bottle. When we get to him the guy who hit him bolted out and we completely miss him. His friends don't notice that he left and we end up piecing stories together and talk to all them. We get all their licenses and copy down all their info and then ask them to give info on their boy who left. I haven't heard back from that one but I believe that when 5 people are risking getting charged for lying to an officer it would be hard to get all five to back you up.

All in all a busy night but fun and hard.

3 comments:

  1. damn interesting shizzle. . . thanks for that insight into that side of things. I never pay covers to go to bars. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Restaurant by day...night club by night. You should try the tapas menu!

    ReplyDelete